Since 2000, I have been teaching private saxophone and piano lessons and found that interest is key to learning music. Learning music is work and frustrating at times regardless of what level you're at, but I try to keep the subject matter fun and catered to the interests of the student.
Music should be fun and getting the student to feel that way about what they play is my goal. The way I look at it is if you want to play a song, then you're more likely to practice it. Of course, there are certain skills that have to be obtained before jumping to this phase, but my method of teaching a student is not a one size fits all approach.
You can see more reviews on my TakeLessons page. Please feel free to connect with me directly versus contacting me through TakeLessons.
Rates and Details
- Lessons are taught out of my home in the Clairemont area of San Diego.
- Online lessons available too.
- Lessons are offered in 45 minute and 1 hour increments only
- Lessons offered on a weekly schedule (Sept.-May)
- Lessons are $37 for 45 minutes and $45 for 1 hour.
- All Levels of Saxophone (Beginner, Intermediate and Advanced) available.
- Beginning and Intermediate Piano lessons available.
What People Are Saying
"I came to piano lessons with some ability to read music along with a minimal understanding of melody and harmony. Steve quickly figured out my level of ability and understanding and began to introduce me to the piano at a level that just felt right to me. I told him of my interest in learning music theory as well as playing the instrument, and Steve took the time to mix that into the lessons as well. All in all, it was a lot of fun"
-Rick S., North Reading, MA
"Steve is a natural with kids."
-Lucas L., San Diego, CA
"Very kind, patient, and good at explaining different concepts!"
-Matteo B., San Diego, CA